Here is Ted Kennedy commenting on the 1965 immigration bill: “The bill will not flood our cities with immigrants. It will not upset the ethnic mix of our society. It will not relax the standards of admission.”Have our borders and national security been strengthened or secured from any of these bills/proposals? Have our cities not been flooded? Has American culture and society not been disrupted by such balkanizing, multi-culti phenomenon? And lastly, what happened to "We will never again bring forward another amnesty bill like this."...?!?! Lies and damn lies...
Ted Kennedy on the 1986 Simpson-Mazzoli Bill: “This amnesty will give citizenship to only 1.1 to 1.3 million illegal aliens. We will secure the borders henceforth. We will never again bring forward another amnesty bill like this.”
Ted Kennedy(2007) on the McCain/Kennedy immigration proposal: “The plan will strengthen our borders and our national security while providing a tough but fair path to citizenship for millions of people.”
Ted Kennedy pushed SEVEN amnesties into law. None was followed by a reduction in illegal immigration.See, it's never-ending...no matter how much they say "never again."
1. In 1986, Ted Kennedy's blanket amnesty for 2.7 million illegal aliens promised a lot more enforcement but did not set any requirements for actual reductions in illegal immigration.
2. In 1994, Ted Kennedy's Section 245(i) Amnesty gave legal residence and jobs to 578,000 illegal aliens. It was a temporary rolling amnesty primarily for extended family members of immigrants who instead of waiting in line, come on to the country illegally.
3. In 1997, Ted Kennedy's extension of the Section 245(i) rolling amnesty was followed by an increasing flow of illegal immigration.
4. In 1997, Ted Kennedy also won an amnesty for close to one million illegal aliens from Central America. Illegal immigration sped up some more.
5. In 1998, Ted Kennedy won an amnesty for 125,000 illegal aliens from Haiti.
6. In 2000, Ted Kennedy got the so-called Late Amnesty, legalizing another 400,000 illegal aliens who claimed that they missed out on Kennedy's 1986 amnesty.
7. In 2000, Ted Kennedy also won the LIFE Act Amnesty for an estimated 900,000 illegal aliens. It was another reinstatement of the rolling Section 245(i) amnesty...an estimated 900,000 illegal aliens. Illegal immigration accelerated.