Thursday, January 3, 2013

Limbaugh: 'GOP still doesn't understand who they're dealing with'

Here's a more encompassing account of what I mentioned earlier from Rush, discussing both how Obama got the GOP confession in this fiscal cliff deal that tax cuts (not spending) hurt the economy, as well as how the deal left the asset wealthy untouched.
"Folks, I have to tell you. I am sitting here and I had so many observations, but I am stunned. I just have to tell you, I’m stunned at how, after four years, none of the conservative or Republican inside-the-Beltway establishment even now understands who they’re dealing with in Barack Obama. How many of our core beliefs are we going to throw away in this misguided belief that we can finally get to what matters? There is a prevailing opinion out there that, “Well, this deal, you know, is actually a pretty good deal. It keeps taxes the same, lowers taxes.” And nobody’s taxes got cut. There was not a tax cut. I’m blue in the face already and we’re only two minutes into this."


"We're running out of core beliefs to throw away, folks. Obama's victory here has been massive, profound, sweeping, unbelievably large."

h/t: DailyRushbo