Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Obama's FINAL SOTU speech: the honest, condensed version

You could have sludged through another of Obama's State of the Union speeches last night (fortunately, the FINAL one), but this honest, condensed version broadcasts on Rush's Wednesday program was WAY more informative...

ANNOUNCER: Now the honest, condensed version of the president’s State of the Union speech.


OBAMA: My fellow Americans, tonight marks the eighth year I’ve come to report the state of our union. I want to make it a lot shorter, so I’m going to focus mainly on my accomplishments. I don’t want to talk about next year because it looks like things are getting pretty bad out there. So I want to talk about the next five or 100 years and beyond, long after anybody remembers that this mess was my fault. Now, there are those who have told us to fear the future, but it was in that spirit of change, panic, and uncertainty that we’ve made progress in the last seven years.

Delaying the recovery, screwing up the health care system, and investing in my friends’ green energy companies that went nowhere. And that’s how we created less care and benefits for our troops waiting outside the VA for help. That’s how we secured the freedom in every state to marry the person we love who looks like a woman dressed like a man dressed like a woman. So there are four big questions we still have to answer: How do we give everybody a fair shot at opportunity and security in this new slow-ass economy, ’cause I still don’t know how.

Second, how do we make technology work for us and not against us, especially when it comes to solving climate change? Does NASA really have a weather machine or not? Third, how do we keep America safe and lead the world without actually doing anything? And, how can we make our politics only reflect what’s best in us and what’s worst in Republicans? The reason a lot of people feel anxious is the economy has been changing in profound ways, changes that started long before I got here. I’m talking about technology.

Technology is the bad guy here, not me. So we really need to provide pre-K for all, including my vice president, who I just put in charge of curing cancer. I believe a thriving private sector is the lifeblood of our economy, but we can’t let things get out of hand. Food stamp recipients did not cause the financial crisis. (Yes, they did. The government did.) And illegal immigrants aren’t the only reason wages haven’t gone up, but they are the main reason.
Related links: Rep. Steve King Walks Out on Obama SOTU – Didn’t Want to be ‘Lectured to’
Obama downplays ISIS threat, defends economic record in State of the Union