Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Santorum: "I want to return the power to YOU"

"We are in this thing not because I so badly want to be the most powerful man in this country; it's because I want so badly to return the power to YOU in this country."



Santorum picked up 3 wins across North Dakota, Oklahoma and Tennessee on Super Tuesday, and came within one point of defeating Romney in Ohio (likely due to shenanigans). This race ain't over for Santorum, folks. And his campaign positively indicated that "If we all go to the convention with a certain amount of delegates and we have to figure something out at the convention, so be it."

Now, I'm not so naive that I don't see, as James Antle put it, that although "Romney will make it look ugly and many conservatives will continue to vote against him, he is going to be tough to stop from here." I understand that. I also understand that Romney will maintain an advantage as long as there is more than one conservative challenger remaining (sorry Sarah, love ya, but don't agree with ya on this one...no hard feelings, and I'd say the same thing if the conservative shoe were on the other conservative foot!). But I also understand, just by looking at the final tallies and low turnout, that there's many conservative Republicans out there who still aren't sold on Romney. Count me in.

ADDENDUM: Robert Stacy McCain of the American Spectator had a nice synopsis of Santorum's wins, his message & what lastnight means in furthering his campaign.