Tuesday, February 8, 2011

YES, Jim DeMint, YES!

Our most conservative Senator might reluctantly step forward after all!
“DeMint Surveys the Field, Praises Jeb” by Robert Costa
http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/259217/demint-surveys-field-praises-jeb-robert-costa

It’s not the ‘Jeb’ part of this article that’s interesting, but what DeMint says towards the end:

NRO wonders: In coming months, if Bush and other conservative favorites decide to sit out 2012, will DeMint feel compelled to jump in? “I really am trying to avoid that,” he tells us. “I’m looking for good candidates out there in the field.”

“I would have to feel a strong pull from people all over the country,” DeMint says. “Again, it’s not something that, right now, appears to be in my future.”

But could a grassroots ‘Draft DeMint’ movement stir him to run? “I don’t want to suggest that I’m waiting for any kind of draft,” he says. “It’s really not what I want to do. I really don’t have any intention of running. . . . I’m not ruling anything out, but it’s not something I want to do.”


Per a recent S.C. poll at the beginning of the month, YES, it may just be time to DRAFT DeMint!
“Poll: DeMint leads presidential pack in S.C.” by Shane D'Aprile
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/polls/141657-poll-demint-leads-presidential-pack-in-sc

Speaking of, it appears as though the website draftjimdemint.com has created many state-by-state Facebook pages to join in a show of support for our most conservative leader!
http://draftjimdemint.com/2011/01/11/facebook-pages-are-up/