Monday, May 2, 2011

Free pass for Obama?

So with the justice of bin Laden’s death finally delivered, will this grant Obama a ‘free pass’ in the minds of many Americans come the 2012 elections? Well, if you've turned on the tv in the past 14 hours, the collective mainstream media seems to think so. I can’t deny that after the somber “we finally got him” emotions, an uncomfortable sinking feeling came over me that too many might be willing to sweep aside the destructive policies wreaked on our economy and our liberty by the Obama Administration. I found out quickly from friends and family members that I was not alone. All the “I, I, I’s” of last night’s speech confirmed this feeling…

“So, shortly after taking office, I directed Leon Panetta, Director of the CIA, to make the killing or capture of bin Laden a top priority of our war against Al-Qeada..."  Excuse me, Mr. President, I think that has been the 'top priority' since 9/11/01!  But back to his comments...”and finally last week, I determined”…”Today, at my direction…” Making sure you recognize me, myself and I, much? Mission accomplished?  Compare that to the modesty of Bush's statement.  Can we say 'vindicated'?  Yes, I think we can.

I think Russ Vaugh verbalized the sentiment of many, including myself, rather well:

In a self-serving speech that only a narcissist like Barack Obama could stand before the American people and deliver with a straight face, our affirmative action president confirmed once again that the policies of George Bush work.

American Special Forces, put into the field by George Bush immediately after the September 11th attack, finally succeeded in killing Osama bin Laden in Pakistan. That our man hunters had been on the trail of this terrorist killer since days following the 2001attack seem to have eluded the current occupant of the Oval Office. In his speech to America about this seminal event it was all I, I, I, and more I's. To hear this community organizer from Chicago, he went out there and led the hunter-killer team that brought this terrorist assassin to his deserved end.

America should understand one thing: this president had nothing to do with this event. American special operations forces have been on a determined lethal track since September 12th, 2001. The Osama kill was long in the planning before this pretender to greatness ever assumed office. For him to now stand before the microphones with his repetitive and self-serving I, I, I's, claiming credit for this event is not only beneath his usually low standards, it's beneath contempt. But yeah, it's great for re-election purposes, hmm?

To not heap the credit on America's Special Operations Forces, but instead to bathe himself in glory shows me the true contemptibility of this occupant of America's highest office.

And while Aaron Goldstein puts this in perspective at the American Spectator this morning that sure, “this doesn’t guarantee Obama’s re-election…Nevertheless, people will invariably associate bin Laden's demise with President Obama. As long as that is the case the electorate will be strongly inclined to give Obama another four years in office.”

As Rush just stated, we should commend Obama…for not dissembling this military unit, and continuing to carry out the policies of the war on terror!

So, folks…I’ve gotta ask, does this make up for the exorbitant and crippling federal spending? Does this grant the man a free pass when it comes to his destructive policies on the private sector, even though this action had little to do with Obama, and everything to do with the superb actions of Navy Seal Team Six? Does this make up for the Marxist class warfare tactics? The unemployment? The debt? The degradation of American Exceptionalism and the core of American society itself? Will we trade in more Liberty for four more years of self-proclaimed ‘security'?

Our armed services victoriously served a long-awaited justice for the American People. Let us, the American People, now return the favor by serving constitutional liberty and constrained economics of a less intrusive federal government to our Nation in 2012!