Friday, May 3, 2013

Rush on Obama's Mexican campaign

Here's a continuation of a previous post that Rush is all over today! (HUGE H/T to DailyRushbo!) Obama's in Mexico apologizing for the attitudes of Americans...
Right. You note the God echo is back, the God reverb. Now, ladies and gentlemen, I think this is an outrage. We had the president of the United States apologizing to Mexican college students for the way illegal immigrants in this country are disrespected. We take in millions and millions of them here, in violation of law. We feed and clothe and educate them and provide them health care.

The president of the United States is in Mexico apologizing for the attitudes of some Americans, that many Americans convey the old stereotype of Mexicans as illegal border crossers. He then apologized to these college students for America trying to impose itself on Mexican sovereignty. What? Would somebody explain that to me? I do not understand how we are trying to impose ourselves on Mexico.


...this U.S. President talks to Mexican students as though he’s campaigning for office...which the 'thank you for your support' statement pretty much confirms!
So here is Barack Obama going down to talk to the Mexican college students and sounding like he is as distant from the powers of America as the students are. (imitating Obama) “Well, you know, a lot of people in my country are doing this. A lot of people in my country think this, and the people of my country, five years they’ve been trying to impose, uhhhh.” Who’s the imposer? This is the Limbaugh Theorem illustrated to a T. Whatever America’s doing, it hasn’t anything to do with him. He’s got nothing to do with it. Whatever’s happening in America, it isn’t his fault. He’s got no connection to it. He’s down talking to these Mexican students as though he’s campaigning for office. As though he wants to fix all of these things wrong with America, but he’s been in charge of it for four and a half years.


Obama seems to agree with the radicals of La Raza that California, Arizona, the American Southwest are not ours, but belong to Mexico! He somehow missed the history lesson...
Okay, folks, here is what Obama means by sovereignty, imposing our sovereignty. Do you want to know what it means? Get ready. What he means is America is imposing our sovereignty by asserting that Southern California and other parts of the southwest United States are part of America. La Raza and other Mexican groups have never consented that Southern California is America, and Obama’s essentially agreeing with that.

When he says that we’re imposing sovereignty on Mexico, what Obama’s essentially saying is he agrees with them that California’s not ours, that parts of New Mexico and Arizona are not ours. They belong to Mexico. That’s what the president of the United States just said this morning to Mexican students. Now, where is he? He’s in Mexico. He’s in Mexico City, at the Anthropology Museum, speaking in stereotypes, which is what he does.

He creates all these straw men.

In his case, it means attacking America.


Rush says Obama's apology for America imposing its sovereignty on Mexico is a HUGE ‘Dog Whistle’ . It's quite the opposite imposition, folks. However, this President can't allow that reality to permeate for his political purposes...
Let me tell you something. Obama apologizing to these students for America imposing its sovereignty on Mexico, that, folks, is a huge dog whistle to radicalized young Hispanic voters. What Obama has just done is send signals to that voting bloc beneath the radar, ’cause most people are not even gonna pay any attention to it. They’re just going to say, “Oh, wow, it’s really great our president was talking to some Mexican students, Ethel. It was really cool, and the Mexican students loved our president. It was really neat out there. Did Jay-Z go with him, I wonder? Was Beyonce there?” That’s gonna be the extent of it. To people like La Raza, radicalized young Hispanic voters — Obama’s always done this. If anybody engages in dog whistles, it is President Obama.


Finally, Rush reflects on all of Obama's demagoguery in one final sound bite and says what Obama is telling Mexicans is ‘Like you, I’m not proud of my country' either.
“Now, I know I’ve been president of it for four and a half years, but don’t hold it against me. I’m better than America and I’m bigger than America and I’m trying to drag America in the twenty-first century so they’re just as progressive as you are. I realize that you’re embarrassed by me country. I’m embarrassed by my country, but I want you to know that I’m working as hard as I can so that you can be as proud of America as you are of Mexico. I realize you’re angry. I realize you’re embarrassed. I realize you know that we are imposing our sovereignty on you by claiming California and Arizona, New Mexico as our own.

“I agree with you that that’s not right. And I agree with you that our immigration policy stinks, that you ought to be able to come to our country any time you want and leave any time you want and get on any welfare plan or any job or whatever that you want, just because you want it. I know my country ass backwards because it won’t let you do that, but I’m trying to fix it. I’ve been president for four and a half years, and because I’m so ineffective I haven’t been able to, but I’m working very hard. I’ve got these people called Republicans standing in my way, and I got this thing called talk radio standing in my way, and I got the bitter clingers in my country, a bunch of hayseeds. But I’m working on it, and I want you to be proud of me, because, like you, I’m not proud of my country.”

That’s what he told ‘em. That’s exactly what he said.


Related link: Limbaugh: “GOP’s Problem Is Not The Hispanic Vote”