Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Rush: GOP embraces irrelevance, seeks to drive conservatives out of the party

Boy, oh, boy...I'm starting to think I should have stayed on vacation. Continuing the sentiment of PalinLevin, Beck, Hannity and others, Rush expresses the sorry state of this Republican Party and how the establishment has unmoored the party from its fundamental principles, in essence becoming irrelevant...
"I was trying to think earlier today, if ever in my life I could remember any major political party being so irrelevant. I have never seen it. I have never seen a major political party simply occupy placeholders, as the Republican Party is doing. ...

Now, look, I’m not living in a false reality here. I was thinking about this last night, too, while I was pondering if I can ever remember a greater political disaster in my lifetime, if I could ever remember a time when a political party just made a decision not to exist for all intents and purposes."


And alongside the paralysis and the political trickery, Rush gives us a glimpse of the GOP's final solution if you will: drive conservatives out of the party.
“You guys, we’re trying to help you,” the Democrats say. You’re never gonna win the White House again, unless you come out for amnesty.” The Democrats really want to advise us on what we need to do to win the White House away from them? The Democrats really want to advise us on how to act so that we take some of their voters? That’s absolute insanity to believe that, and yet amnesty is the next card to fall. Now that this deal has happened, you watch.

There will be a fast move in Republican circles to push “comprehensive immigration reform,” to go all-in now. I can’t tell you what the Republicans think they’re gonna achieve, except this: I really do believe that some of this is oriented toward driving the conservatives out of the party. I really think some of this is oriented toward the Republicans actually seeking to get rid of their conservative base.


And with the latest decision to give up only after a few weeks of not executing a unified, concerted effort to fight, the GOP's downward spiral continues towards its own demise...