Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Rush: POTUS went to a late night comedy show for his first-ever statements on 'terror threat' (UPDATES)

It's just too easy to point out with this President. An exercise in absurdity...
"This would not have happened with any prior President. Matters of such consequence, matters of such seriousness, would have been dealt with in a far more serious and appropriate way and forum and time of day. And by virtue of appearing on a late night comedy show, the President saw to it that these events...all of it was treated as a joke. All of it was treated as unserious, half-hearted, nothing really to be concerned about. It's a diminishing thing that happened last night."
For both the office and the country, unfortunately. Disgraceful...



...but perfect opportunity to further the joke of this President with a HILARIOUS Rush spoof!

Related link: What Should A President Do During A Threat Against U.S.? Boys Golf Weekend And Appear On Leno…..Comments Open, Water’s Fine!

UPDATE I: Rush asks, as only Rush could, if his ridiculing of Obama on Leno is the reason the President's called for an emergency presser on Friday?


"Ladies and gentlemen, if I had an out-of-control ego, like most media people do, if I were self-absorbed and thought the world revolved around me, like many people in the media do, I would think that I am the reason President Obama has decided to call a news conference. If I were self-absorbed, thought that the world revolved around me, thought that everybody hung on my every word, if I thought that I was the center of the universe and had all of this power, I would think that my two days of ridicule and criticism of Obama going on a late-night comedy show to discuss a very serious terrorism issue, was the reason why he’s all of a sudden called a press conference for this afternoon."
UPDATE II: Rush had nothing to do with this one over the weekend...but the joke just keeps rolling...


"Obama going on a comedy show to tell us something very serious about foreign policy, and I said this is diminishing the office of the presidency, the way Obama’s handling this, just totally diminishing it. He is reducing the office to the lowest common denominator, and I would suggest to you that whatever the truth of this thing is in Missouri, the clown putting on the Obama mask, is representative of the fact that there is a declining overall respect for the office of the presidency.

When the president of the United States more often than not connects with the American people on late-night comedy shows, what else can happen, other than the diminishing of the office."