Friday, August 23, 2013

Obama blames Tea Party, Rush for 'worried' Republicans, slowing agenda

They should be worried!

In a CNN exclusive, President Obama said that the upcoming CR fight shouldn't be a fight at all. Republicans should just march forward with him and the Democrats into Obamacare and every other left-wing policy. And Obama says they probably would, but for the tea party and Rush Limbaugh!
“I’ve made this argument to my Republican friends privately, and, by the way, sometimes they say to me privately, ‘I agree with you, but I’m worried about a primary from, you know, somebody in the tea party back in my district’ or, ‘I’m worried about what Rush Limbaugh is going to say about me on radio.’”
Perhaps he just made the case to Republican constituents for more primaries if his so-called Republican friends 'agree' with his agenda?! Can't be too republican, can they?



Obama didn't name any of these mystery Republicans, much like he never names the experts who supposedly agree with every bit of his agenda, as he constantly professes before the cameras and microphones. However, though none have corroborated his claim, we know by their actions that some indeed do seem to agree with his expanse of government. He'd be ecstatic if all Republicans would just set aside those pesky conservative principles and walk lockstep into his statist agenda.

Of course, Rush responded...

"So I got in here at the usual time after working very early this morning, late into last night on show prep and stuff, and at about ten o’clock I get an e-mail from Greta Van Susteren, and I thought, “No, no, no, no, I just did her show. She can’t be asking me back.” And it wasn’t that. Her e-mail was, “Man, oh, man, do you live rent free in Obama’s head.” And I said, “What’s this?” So I read further, and she just assumed that I knew what she was talking about, and I didn’t, but I keep scrolling her e-mail and she’d finally attached a Mediaite story in which President Obama, in an interview this morning on CNN with Chris Cuomo, once again blamed me for the gridlock in Washington.

I am the reason he can’t move his agenda forward, which of course is silly because he’s getting everything he wants. He blamed me again. I mean, it’s like a broken record. You know what I think is happening? I think that nobody’s listening to Obama anymore. I don’t think he commands nearly the attention or the interest that he did. So what he’s doing is going back to the greatest hits, kind of like if you’re at a radio station and losing audience, play the hits, you know, stop the New Age stuff and go play the hits. Well, he’s going back and he recycled this idea that the Republicans are not cooperating with him because they’re afraid of what I’m gonna say about them.

The Republicans are not listening to me! The true irony here is that the Republicans aren't listening to me. I don't know who the Republicans are listening to, outside of their consultants, but they're not listening to me. But he's out there telling every...he's gotta blame somebody. But for what?"
Here's more...



Related links: Obama on CNN: Congress Has Two Jobs, But Too ‘Worried About’ ‘Rush Limbaugh’ to Do Them
Obama blames Rush Limbaugh for Washington gridlock, claims GOP afraid of talker