Wednesday, April 30, 2014

New Benghazi emails show White House effort to protect Obama (UPDATES)

"This had nothing to do with a video, and everything to do with Obama's reelection." ~ Mark Levin
Shocker. Yet, the congressional hot air blows on, not actually acting against a lawless administration, but becoming absorbed within it. And to top it off, Obama remains president, while Hillary is expected to slide right in afterwards. America, how much longer are you gonna take this deception before reacting accordingly?
FreeBeacon: Previously unreleased internal Obama administration emails show that a coordinated effort was made in the days following the Benghazi terror attacks to portray the incident as “rooted in [an] Internet video, and not [in] a broader failure or policy.”

Emails sent by senior White House adviser Ben Rhodes to other top administration officials reveal an effort to insulate President Barack Obama from the attacks that killed four Americans.

Rhodes sent this email to top White House officials such as David Plouffe and Jay Carney just a day before National Security Adviser Susan Rice made her infamous Sunday news show appearances to discuss the attack.

The “goal,” according to these emails, was “to underscore that these protests are rooted in an Internet video, and not a broader failure or policy.”

Rice came under fierce criticism following her appearances on television after she adhered to these talking points and blamed the attack on a little-watched Internet video.

The newly released internal White House e-mails show that Rice’s orders came from top Obama administration communications officials.

“[W]e’ve made our views on this video crystal clear. The United States government had nothing to do with it,” Rhodes wrote in the email, which was released on Tuesday by the advocacy group Judicial Watch.

“We reject its message and its contents,” he wrote. “We find it disgusting and reprehensible. But there is absolutely no justification at all for responding to this movie with violence. And we are working to make sure that people around the globe hear that message.”

Rhodes also suggested that Rice tout Obama’s reputation as “steady and statesmanlike.”

“I think that people have come to trust that President Obama provides leadership that is steady and statesmanlike,” he wrote. “There are always going to be challenges that emerge around the world, and time and again, he has shown that we can meet them.”
Even K'hammer says that thanks to Judicial Watch, we now have the smoking document that exposes a cover-up of a cover-up (the White House inventing the video blame to shield the Obama regime from the failures of their own foreign policy)...oh, and aided by the lib media right before his reelection, mind you.


(H/t: tRS)

Related links: Email Shows Adviser Urged Rice to Blame Video for Benghazi Attack

UPDATES: More today with the House Oversight hearing...beyond Pelosi's call to 'talk about something else,' or the Carney barker blaming the CIA for Rice's lie, a general testified that officials knew Benghazi was a terrorist attack "very, very soon"...
TheHill: U.S. military personnel realized early on during the Benghazi attack that it was a “hostile action,” and not a protest that escalated, a retired U.S. general told lawmakers on Thursday.

"What we did know early on was that this was a hostile action," Retired Air Force Brigadier General Robert Lovell told the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee. "This was no demonstration gone terribly awry."

Lovell served as deputy director for intelligence for U.S. Africa Command headquarters in Germany during the Benghazi attack.

Republicans have charged that the White House initially linked the September 11, 2012, attack to a protest because it wanted to play down the idea it was a terrorist attack amid the presidential election that year.

Administration officials in the days after the attack linked it to protests of an anti-Islamic video that had circulated online.

Since then, the administration has acknowledged the attack was an act of terrorism, but Republicans have revisited the issue this week since the release of new emails from White House adviser Ben Rhodes.

In those emails, sent in advance of television appearances by then-United Nations Ambassador Susan Rice, Rhodes said officials should make it a goal to show that the protests were based on an Internet video.

Rep. Jason Chaffetz (R-Utah) asked Lovell how soon he and other U.S. officials knew it was an attack involving an al Qaeda-affiliated group.

“Very, very soon. When we were still in the early hours of this activity,” Lovell said.
The facts are clear: the story about a little known video came directly from the White House alone. They covered it up, and the lib media aided. Past time for Congress to do something about it...but don't hold your breath. Oh, and the only headline you're getting from ABC, NBC and the rest of the mainstream is General tells Congress 'We should have tried' to rescue Benghazi Americans. Typical. However, Rush says that because Obama never sent in a rescue team, that's actually the evidence of a cover-up!



Moreover, Rush points to an Andrew McCarthy piece on how Obama’s ‘blame the video’ fraud started in Cairo, not Benghazi...



ADDENDUM: Huh, maybe ABC's waking up? ABC's Jon Karl and WH spokeshole Jay Carney spar over Benghazi emails for 8 minutes!



Related links: ABC’s Jonathan Karl GRILLS Jay Carney over new Benghazi email
Cummings tries to DECEIVE regarding military response to Benghazi attack, both Issa and Chaffetz respond
GOP Rep. Explodes in Benghazi Hearing: Video Blaming ‘Only Comes from the White House’

No comments:

Post a Comment