Thursday, August 16, 2012

Levin: 'We have a responsibility to fix what we've done'

Bringing even more perspective to what this upcoming election is really about, Mark Levin gave one of his most powerful and explosive monologues to date on Wednesday's program aimed directly at today's adult generations...this is a MUST LISTEN for all...



The truth is, if you're a parent or a grandparent, this is election is not about us. It’s not about parents and grandparents. This election is about our children and our grandchildren. We've lost perspective; we're losing our focus. The President of the United States, as I've said before, is the greatest political child abuser in modern American history. We talk about the debt...we talk about the liabilities... Now the fact of the matter is, those of us in our 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's and so forth, we're gonna be dead and gone when our children and their children are gonna have to deal with this. All these politicians you see on television today, they're gonna be distant memories, if they're memories at all, they're gonna be gone. All this doublespeak, all this political gamesmanship.

I'm saying to you this: We have a responsibility, my generation, we have a responsibility to fix what we've done. We have a responsibility to fix the 2008 election by making sure Barack Obama is not reelected and by making sure Harry Reid becomes a backbencher and a minority party in the U.S. Senate. We have to do these things, and even more. That's the politics of it. We've gotta save our society, that is, our culture, our economy, our rule of law. We have to pass these onto our children and our grandchildren or they're going to live in some kind of tyranny, and the system will collapse.

Now I don't know about you, but when I'm on my deathbed, I want to know I've done everything humanly possible as a parent to protect my children, to provide for my children, to pass on to them what my dear father, who's 87, my dear mother, who's 81, has passed on to me, and your parents and grandparents have passed on to you.

Every generation has a challenge, every generation. Some fought in WWII, some fought in the Korean War, some fought in the Vietnam War, some are overseas as we fight these battles now. But WE, Americans, Here, on American territory in the United States, WE have a duty too! Our children face a bleak, miserable, dark, deadend future if we fail.

Now we can debate Medicare all we want. We can debate Social Security all we want. We can debate 'oh, the poor don't get this' and 'this one's not as rich as that one'. THIS IS CRAP! Nobody's taking anything from anybody, except, WE are taking from the next generation. How do they come up from under? How does somebody who's graduating from high school, from college, from graduate school, somebody who's coming back from war in Iraq, in Afghanistan, who's 20, 22, 24 years old, how are they gonna cope if we keep this up? And not only that. What about the children yet born? That is, the children of our children? What about them? Why are we doing this to them?

After reflecting on the sacrifices his parents made for him, without government dependency, providing for themselves and passing their heritage and principles on to him, Levin continued...

This is the kind of psychology and mindset that was passed down from my great-grandparents, to my grandparents, to my parents, and to me and my brothers, and to the vast majority of you listening to this program. I hear this debate today about 'what are we gonna do without this program?' 'What are we gonna do with 5%, 2%, 1% less of this federal program?' You know what we're gonna do, ladies and gentlemen? SURVIVE! You know what we're gonna do? We're gonna THRIVE! We have got to slash this Leviathan. We've gotta control it; we've gotta limit it, because it's devouring us. And worse than that, it's destroying the future for our children and our grandchildren: their liberty, their private property rights, their opportunities. You can see it right now. Have you ever seen the United States in such a bleak situation as you see it in today? I haven't. Have you ever seen so many of your fellow citizens walking with their heads down? I haven't. Have you ever seen so much despair and anxiety? I haven't. For crying out loud folks, we are America, we are Americans. It doesn't have to be this way.

On the politicians who've screwed up our country, on the immune and unaccountable courts, on the expansive and unelected bureaucrats, on congressional scheming, passing massive bills against our will, on an imperial president who wields extraconstitutional powers "to destroy our future, and worse, to destroy the future of our children," Levin says "This is what this election is about."

With all due respect, this election's not about Medicare. With all due respect, this election's not about Social Security. This election isn't about some program. This is an election about the heart and soul of this nation! Is it gonna survive or not? And what are we going to leave to our children and our grandchildren? We have an American heritage, a legacy to defend, to preserve.

A handful of people, for whatever the reason, and how ever it happened, managed to populate the highest levels of our government, and they're using the instrumentalities of the government against your kids! They have no expectation that these monies are going to be paid back. None, none. They want to get reelected. They want more power. They want their names on post office buildings. They want their names in history books. They want it to be said that they created a program, that they paid for a bridge. And what of your children? And what of your grandchildren?

We cling to these government programs like we can't live without them. It was only two generations ago where none of these programs existed! And we were still the greatest nation on the face of the earth, the wealthiest nation on the face of the earth, and yes, a superpower. You telling me that we need more government, more spending, more debt? Now ladies and gentlemen, we're becoming a third world banana republic with the 'republic'.

Levin concludes:

No, this election's not about Medicare and those of us who are over 55. It's not about Social Security. It's about saving the country. It's about creating an environment for our children in which they can get the most out of their lives. We're only on this earth once, that's it, once. And I don't know about you, but when I'm on my deathbed, when I'm on my deathbed, I want to be comfortable in the fact that I did everything I could, in my own little way, to make sure that my children and their grandchildren lived as free human beings, just as my ancestors came here and risked everything for us. And I think I speak for millions and millions of you too.