Tuesday, December 17, 2013

RUSH: GOP has PTSD

Coinciding with 12 worthless GOP wonders joining Democrats in the Senate to pass a bogus budget deal, Rush circled back around to his theory on the feckless Republican leadership...
RUSH: I forget if it was last week or the week before, there was either a call asking my opinion or else I just launched into it based on something that happened in the news. But I was trying to explain why the Republicans were not fighting back on anything having to do with Obama and the Democrats, and I said, “‘Cause I think they’re shell-shocked. I think they’ve got PTSD. I think they’re scared to death. They don’t see Obama plummeting in the polls, and if they do, they don’t believe it. They’re just shell-shocked, and this government shutdown, the fact they got blamed for it ’cause they’ve been called racist, I’m telling you, they’re shell-shocked. They’ve got posttraumatic stress disorder.”

And then that begot a call from a guy who said, “That’s not what it is, Rush. They agree with all of this. They’re not shell-shocked. They believe in Big Government, too. They don’t really oppose Obamacare.

I said, no, that may be somewhat true, but I do think — I’ve talked to them. You don’t have to talk to ‘em to know. You can see they are shell-shocked. They are scared to death to say anything critical of Obama and the Democrats. And they’ll do anything to avoid a government shutdown, including giving Obama what he wants, which we just saw. Well, today, in the Washington Post, there’s a column by a man named Marc Thiessen and the headline: “Budget Deal Shows the GOP Has PTSD.”
Personally, I think it's a bit of both: shell-shocked and they're go-along neo-statists...



Marc Thiessen echoes Rush...
WaPo: So why are Republicans agreeing to reverse their only fiscal victory of the Obama era? Simple.

The GOP has PTSD.

Republicans emerged from their last budget battle with a bad case of post-traumatic stress disorder. Scarred by the government shutdown, they are terrified of having another fiscal fight with the president in January. So they are unilaterally conceding before it even begins.
Related links: 12 GOP SENATORS JOIN DEMOCRATS TO SUPPORT RYAN-MURRAY BUDGET
McCain: Republicans voting against the budget agreement ‘lack intellectual integrity’
U.S. Senate Races