Thursday, June 28, 2012

Rush's reaction to SCOTUS decision

"Our freedom of choice just met its death panel" ~ Rush

As can be imagined, Rush had plenty to say about the Supreme Court's ruling to uphold Obamacare: "This is the biggest tax increase in the history of the world. ... What has been upheld here is a fraud...and the IRS has become Obama's domestic army."

Remember, Obama said it was NOT a tax...



As Rush said, "We have been betrayed and deceived by Congress; we have been betrayed and deceived by the Supreme Court." And I would add, at the center of the deception, lies our lying President.

So, while I can't get Pelosi's words out of my mind, Hastings' words ring truer for both Congress and the Court...



Rush concludes, "What's abundantly clear is that we can't count on anyone except ourselves." So, are you up for the challenge, America? November's coming...


ADDENDUM: Rush also gave more insight on what happened to Chief Justice Roberts, beyond all the speculation and excuses:

I believe I mentioned earlier this week (it might have been yesterday or the day before) that I had been warned years ago. I was in a conversation about justices on the court and how they respond to public pressure in the Washington Post Style Section. You know, the usual obligatory way you go and discuss the way that the media tries to influence outcome of votes on the Supreme Court. And all those conversations centered around Justice Kennedy as the swing vote. And I was warned, "It's not Kennedy you have to look out for. It's Justice Roberts." I can't tell you who told me. No, no! I know who it is. It's not that I've forgotten. It's that I can't mention it. I think really what happened here is not a cave. I don't think there was a cave, folks.

I think Chief Justice Roberts is establishing his legacy. I think it's what he wanted to do. I think this is his imprimatur. This is The Roberts Court, like we had The Warren Court and we had The Rehnquist Court. This is The Roberts Court. This is his stamp on it...

This decision, this ruling originally was found to be unconstitutional. According to the Commerce Clause, it was unconstitutional. And what happened was the chief judge found a way, going activist, to make sure this bill survived. And it was the chief justice who accepted a very little used administration argument that, "Hey, it's tax," even though we played the tape where Obama said it wasn't a tax. He went to the mat telling George Stephanopoulos in 2009, "It's not a tax increase, George."

They knew that if this bill were sold as a tax increase, it'd fail.

Obama was out there saying, "Nobody who makes under $200,000 a year will see their taxes go up as long as I'm president." Everybody's taxes go up and sometimes monstrously high here. Obama went to the end of the world trying to convince people this is not a tax increase. And when the mandate was running into trouble, then they tried to say, "Well, maybe it is a tax." They sent their little Verrilli up to the court to argue, "It could be a tax." They weren't excited about it. They didn't want to sell it that way.

It turns out they didn't have to. The chief judge found it! He said (summarized), "You know what? I'm just gonna call it a tax. The government can do that. They can't make everybody buy health insurance with the mandate, but they can with the tax code." That's what happened today. It's an appalling, disgraceful decision.