Thursday, June 21, 2012

Pelosi's stretchin'

"We need a new planet. We need a new planet called Stupider, and I need to put Nancy Pelosi on it as the mayor of the whole planet, as the governor, as the evil emperor, whatever." ~ El Rushbo

Nance is stretchin'. At her weekly press conference this morning, Pelosi moved right past the standard witch-hunt speak in the contempt charge against Holder, and made the connection to another Democrat scheme, err, excuse me, Republican, per Pelosi...

RUSH: We now have the official... it took a while, about 24 hours, the official Democrat Party response to the contempt citation voted by the committee yesterday against Eric Holder. It comes from Nancy Pelosi. This morning in Washington, this is what the former Speaker said this is all about.

Voter suppression! (or for normal people: 'reducing voter fraud')





As an aside, why do so many of these politicians sound drugged or drunk? Oh well...

ADDENDUM: I'm liking Rep. Trey Gowdy (SC) more and more each day!

"It's really beneath the office of a member of Congress to say something that outrageous and the fact that she was once the Speaker is mind numbing. I honestly, and I've heard a lot in my 16 years as a prosecutor, I couldn't believe the words coming out of her mouth. But keep in mind, Greta, this is the same woman who said she could have arrested Karl Rove any day she wanted. So I don't know what was wrong with her yesterday or today or whenever she said that, but I would schedule an appointment with my doctor if she thinks that we are doing this to suppress votes this fall. That is mind-numbingly stupid."

Indeed. Sounds like he might be a Levin fan...